A domain name is the website address or Uniform Resource Locator
(URL) for your site. For example, in the URL
http://www.itservicecentre.com.au , the domain name is
Every domain name has a suffix that indicates which top level domain it belongs to. There are only a limited number of such domains.
- gov - Government agencies
- gov.au - Government agencies
- edu - Educational institutions
- org - Organizations (non-profit)
- org.au - Organizations (non-profit)
- com - commercial business
- com.au – commercial business
- net - Network organizations
- net.au – Network organization
Register your domain names with us and experience great customer service, the best pricing along with a fast and simple domain registration process.
Helpful Tips when registering a Domain
- The only characters allowed are letters, digits and a hyphen (-)
- Spaces are not allowed.
- The name should be between 3 and 63 characters long. (Shorter the domain the better).
- WWW. is not actually part of the domain name.
- You can buy as many domain names as you wish
- Domain names are NOT case sensitive - so abc.com.au is just the same as ABC.com.au.